Can We Take Your Order?
At this point, few places know us better than our favorite fast food restaurants. Is your coffee ready before you order it? Are you smiling behind your mask as you pick up your online dinner order? You are not alone. Though the hospitality market has seen its share of devastating challenges over the past year, fast food operations are finding success.
According to CNN Business, average fast food order sizes are increasing, contactless and drive-thru options are booming, and digital orders are spiking. This sector of the market has found a way to thrive while traditional on-premises dining establishments and bars are significantly more limited.
Other unique classes we’ve seen become more popular during this time are ghost kitchens, drive-ins, and walk-up windows. These operations were built for quick to-go meals, and it is serving them well during this time. Businesses that have been able to weather the storm have found ways to provide customers with a safe, quick option to fit their needs.
While fast food restaurants continue to do their best, we want to do our best for them. USLI can offer a comprehensive package policy, including property, general liability and liquor liability, for a variety of fast food and restaurant exposures. We can also consider these coverages on a monoline basis.
Competitive Fast Food product features include:
- Coverage for new ventures
- Risks with a lapse in coverage or prior cancellation
- Property coverage up to a $3 million total insured value
- Property Enhancement endorsement
- Equipment and spoilage coverage
- We can write risks with mixed occupancy, habitational and partially vacant exposures
- No ANSUL system or sprinkler requirement
- Risks in protection class 1-10
- Risks with up to 30% alcohol sales (if percentage is higher, we can still consider the risk, but it would fall within another class)
- USLI’s Business Resource Center available to all policyholders
In addition to our Fast Food product, don’t forget that USLI can also consider restaurants with on-premises dining, fine dining, bars, nightclubs and more.
Fortunately, for many of our small business insureds, fast food does not seem to be slowing down — so keep up! Get a fast quote today over the phone, online or by contacting your Hospitality and Liquor Lines underwriter.
As always, thank you for your support and business
Contact Lisa Flowers
Assistant Vice President, Underwriter – Travel | 888-523-5545, ext. 2924
Written by Emily Stones
March 4, 2021