Adjustment Period for Bars and Restaurants: How We Can Help
Disposable menus, limited seating capacities, deep cleaning procedures and social distancing are not even the tip of the iceberg for many insureds in the hospitality industry. Restaurants and bars are being challenged to revise their business models to continue their operations during the pandemic.
Along with the undeniable struggles within the industry is incredible ingenuity: Drive-in-style dining, outdoor beer gardens, revised take-out-friendly menus, and communities coming together to find space for restaurants and bars to expand their operations outside are only a few examples. The industry is responding with safe ways to serve their patrons and keep their doors open.
As the hospitality industry rises to the occasion, USLI’s Hospitality and Liquor team continues to write new ventures and hospitality business, all within a three-hour turnaround time. We understand the changing climate around bars and restaurants and empathize with our policyholders and applicants. USLI will continue to adapt to the changing needs of the small businesses we work with every day.
Here are a few ways we can help:
- Audits: USLI will return premium if actual sales are lower than the initial estimate
- Ability to reduce exposure basis/sales on existing and new business
- Providing premium relief by reclassifying sales to lower-rated class codes if operations have shifted to takeout or delivery
- Addition of outdoor dining exposures
- Offering hired and non-owned auto coverage, including delivery coverage, for current USLI policyholders
- Offering 10-payment Direct Bill plans for all Direct Bill accounts, regardless of premium
- Considering risks with prior cancellation or lapse in coverage
- Suspended inspections
COVID-19 is disproportionately impacting hospitality industry policyholders, and our team at USLI is here to help. Any account anomaly will involve a discussion with an experienced underwriter familiar with the particular needs of your state or region. Also, keep in mind the helpful resources the Business Resource Center can provide to any of your customers.
Whether you have a question about an existing account or a new business submission, please reach out to your Hospitality and Liquor Lines underwriter today.
Contact Lisa Flowers
Assistant Product Leader| 888-523-5545, ext. 2924
Written by Emily Stones
September 3, 2020