U.S. Continues to See Growth in Lawn Care
Amid a global pandemic affecting industries worldwide, lawn care maintenance is still business as usual in the U.S. In fact, this industry continues to grow at a steady rate and shows no signs of slowing down. According to a study done by IBISWorld, landscaping services are closing in on being a $100 billion market sector, with stable growth of 3.3% since 2000.
USLI can be your solution for these lawn care businesses that are getting ready for their busiest time of year. We can help provide peace of mind and proper protection for those who offer a variety of services, including mowing, trimming, landscaping, lawn cleanup, seeding and more. We have specialized products that directly address the different concerns clients may have while working at places such as individual homes and large business complexes.
While the utmost care may be taken during the course of business, it is important to consider the scenarios that may arise while these individuals provide services to their clients. Take the following claim, for example:
- An insured was cutting someone’s lawn in a residential neighborhood. While riding a lawn mower, the insured struck the foot of a pedestrian who was jogging on the sidewalk. The insured was found to be negligent for carelessly operating machinery and incurred a loss of $42,000.
Also consider how our insureds and their employees can be held responsible for the property damage of others:
- An insured repaired a broken water sprinkler at a residential property. After leaving the premises, the repaired sprinkler broke again and flooded a portion of the house, causing water damage. The cost to repair the water damage in the home totaled over $22,000.
USLI offers the protection your clients need for their lawn care and landscaping risks. Some of our key product advantages available for our Lawn Care and Landscaping products include:
- Non-auditable policies
- Lawn care operations rated off of the number of workers
- Most policies will be under minimum premium
- Blanket additional insured, waiver of subrogation, and primary and noncontributory wording available
- New ventures are welcome
- Commercial excess general liability or umbrella available with limits up to $5 million
With quotes available online, over the phone or through your USLI underwriter, you’ll find it easy to take advantage of our competitive minimum premiums and ease of business for your lawn maintenance needs this season.
As always, thank you for your support and business.
Contact Sarah Benson
Assistant Vice President, Assistant Team Leader | 888-523-5545, ext. 7324
Contact Briana Vu
Underwriter – Home Office | 888-523-5545, ext. 7328
Written by Jacob Dawson
June 4, 2020