Beer, Wine and Liquor Retail Sales
Think about the liquor laws in your state, surrounding states, states you write business in or even states you have visited. Every state has its own very specific set of liquor liability laws — some dating back to prohibition.
Each state is especially different when it comes to how, when and where you can purchase alcohol and the amount you can buy. Do you know to which states these unique liquor laws apply? You can find the answers at the end of the article!
- This state does not permit the sale of cold beer and prohibits any sale of alcohol (including beer and wine) on Sundays.
- You are only able to buy hard liquor at a “state store” in this northeastern state.
- In this state, food cannot be sold in liquor stores.
USLI’s Hospitality and Liquor team has been writing liquor liability for over 30 years, and our underwriters have regional specialties so they know the intricacies of your state. When it comes to purchasing alcohol, people often think of beer, wine and liquor stores. USLI has a competitive product and the expertise to fit your unique needs.
Our Beer, Wine and Liquor Stores product includes the following features:
- A comprehensive package that includes property, general liability and liquor liability (can also be offered monoline)
- Assault or battery coverage included at no cost
- Property limits up to $3 million
- No liability deductible
- Access to our Business Resource Center, which provides discounted alcohol-awareness training
We have a broad appetite that includes:
- New ventures
- Franchise locations
- 24-hour stores
- Risks that allow on-premises tasting or delivery
Our retail liquor store coverage does not stop there! We can also consider liquor liability for convenience stores, grocery stores, breweries, distilleries and many other operations that have a “mixed” exposure. Consider our team for any beer, wine or liquor exposure that comes across your desk.
As always, we thank you for your support and business.
Answers (Consumer Reports): 1. Indiana 2. Pennsylvania 3. Colorado
Contact Dave Bowman
Product Leader | 888-523-5545, ext. 7404
Written by Emily Stones
March 5, 2020