The Boom in Bars and Restaurants
Bar and restaurant sales in the U.S. were close to $800 billion in 2017 (The National Restaurant Association’s 2017 State of the Industry Report). With over 1 million establishments in the U.S. alone, this industry makes up 10 percent of the overall workforce.
In addition, there has been increased growth in brewpub establishments that focus on craft beers from around the country and farm-to-table restaurants that use sustainably and locally grown foods.
USLI offers a comprehensive package policy including property, general liability and liquor liability for bars and restaurants. Today, the product is offered in 48 states. We are admitted for property/general liability in 33 states and admitted for liquor liability in 22 states.
The following claim examples are some of the most common for bars and restaurants:
- Property – Kitchen fires
- General liability – Slip and falls and food-borne illnesses
- Liquor liability – Inexpensive/Late night drink specials causing accidents, fights, etc.
Our comprehensive package policy has many features, including:
- The ability to quote establishments up to 100 percent in alcohol receipts
- New ventures are eligible
- Property enhancement endorsement available
- Equipment breakdown coverage including spoilage
- No general liability or liquor liability deductible
- Separate limits for general liability and liquor liability
- Risks with entertainment and bouncer exposures
- Assault or battery coverage available for general liability and liquor liability
- Expense costs, including defense, are outside the limit of liability
- A 15 percent credit is available for responsible risks with all servers completing a certificate granting alcohol awareness training program
- Product can be quoted online or on the phone
Bars and restaurants have many exposures and want as much protection from loss as possible. Please contact your Hospitality and Liquor Lines underwriter for more information or a quote.
As always, thank you for your support and business.
Contact Mark Calio,
Product Leader | 888-523-5545 Ext. 2558
Contact Lisa Flowers,
Assistant Product Leader| 888-523-5545 Ext. 2924
Written by Leah Daplyn
September 6, 2018