The Inevitable Growth of Social Media
Social media can be a tough platform for a lot of businesses to break into; while these platforms are free to join, the investment comes with the time it takes to create posts and content that your audience will actually pay attention to. With over 88 percent of businesses in the U.S. using social media as a promotion tool (Adweek), USLI can help you break into this niche of digital marketing.
Seventy-four percent of buyers say that social media impacts their decision when making a purchase (Social Media Week). But without a flashy product to post to these platforms, insurance can be a tough “product” to promote and market. Here are some tips you can use to help promote your products and company on popular social media platforms like LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram:
- Make sure that your presence on social media is seen throughout your company. Making it easy to find social media icons on your website is a perfect first step. It is important to always have your social icons at the top of your company’s website. This makes it very easy for people to find you and follow your company. Once users follow your pages, they will be able to see all of your valuable posts.
- Get social in your email signature. According to Lifewire, there were over 269 billion emails sent on a daily basis in 2017. This opens up a world of opportunity for you and your employees to promote both their personal LinkedIn profiles as well as the company’s pages.
- Promote company culture. Company culture is a huge trend happening on social media. Your customers love to see you in action as well as be in the “know” of what you are doing around the office. Hosting a “silly hat day” for the Kentucky Derby? Collecting money for a local charity? Participating in a clothing drive? Showcasing your employees, philanthropic efforts and customers helps humanize your business and builds a sense of trust with your customers by giving them a window into your company.
- Follow the 70/30 rule! No one likes to be hit with too many posts on social media, so making sure that you are not oversaturating your followers’ feeds is very important. Develop the 70/30 rule where 70 percent of your content provides value to the needs of your customer; use this 70 percent to promote company culture as well. Thirty percent of the content you post should be about selling your products and promoting your business.
- Post, like, share, REPEAT. Posting daily is very important. If you want your followers and connections to grow in number, making your presence known is the first step. Try to post something to your personal page every day, while keeping who your connections are in mind. Like and share updates as well as posts from colleagues and your company’s page. Doing so will result in more valuable connection requests from others in roles similar to yours.
These are just a few helpful tips to use while expanding your network on social media. USLI’s Social Media Helpdesk offers daily support and so much more! Sign up for our newsletter to get quarterly updates and follow us on social to stay in the “know” of all things USLI.
What else can our Social Media Help Desk provide to you?
- Social media posts and campaigns
- The latest social media news and trends
- Development resources, tools and how-to’s
- Advice for various social media platforms, web analytics and online marketing tools via phone or email regarding social media for business
- Feedback regarding your current social media strategy to build your social media presence
- Quarterly social media updates through the Social Source
Connect with Anthony Reto, USLI’s Social Media Specialist, to schedule your personalized Social Media Helpdesk session.
As always, thank you for your support and business.
Contact Anthony Reto,
Social Media Specialist | 888-523-5545 Ext. 2921
Contact Tom Pepe,
Director of Design and Social Media | 888-523-5545 Ext. 2501
Written by Cindy Woods
June 7, 2018